This course can either be run as a full or half day session, and is for all levels of managers and supervisors.
Aims of the course:-
- ability to recognise stress in members of their team
- deal with team members in an appropriate and supportive manner
- find further support for the individual if required
- ensure their managerial style is not adding to the stress of their team
- comply with their responsibilities under the organisation’s policies and wider legislation
Delegates will learn how to:-
- understand the nature of stress and why it is important to recognise and manage it
- use the organisation’s stress policies and procedures
- know the difference between workplace and life stressors
- recognise stress in others
- prevent and managing stress in their team
- carry out their legal obligations and responsibilities as a manager
- prevent stress personally
- find further support for those who are not coping with work/life pressures
- develop an Action Plan
The course uses the Health and Safety Executive standards for stress in the workplace in the content
Course Format :
The course is mainly delivered through group discussion. The trainer will ensure that all delegates have the opportunity to speak and to ask questions. Delegates will be encouraged to exchange views and ideas and to help each other deal with their own challenges (confidentiality will be managed throughout).
The final part of the course will include an action plan which will invite delegates to identify specific actions they can take to deal with stress in their team, and any further support they may require.
For more details of the course or to discuss how this can benefit the managers and staff in your business, please call Charlie Hill on 0771 559 6487 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org